What is anxiety?
Also known as worry, is a process by which the mind creates an unhealthy emotional response such as fear, uneasiness or dread. The mind changes the focus from healthy to unhealthy thoughts. It can range from mild to severe levels of anxiety.
The unhealthy part of the mind is responsible for hurting the person due to unworthiness, thinking they are a bad person, desire to hurt themselves, fear of pain and discomfort, and fear of the unknown. Sometimes the mind believes that worrying about something will protect them.
Why is it dangerous to your body?
Anxiety produces chemicals that degrade the logic of the mind. Anxiety promotes pathology and disease. Anxiety has no healthy benefits to you or your body. In fact, anxiety can increase your chance of systemic disease which:
- Increases acid production of the body which tenses the tissues
- The increased acids prevents the anesthetic from working properly
- Increases your chances of having discomfort and soreness
- Increases the chances of complications
What can be done to improve your dental experience?
1. Eat before you arrive for higher healing potential.
2. Arrive 15 minutes early to allow time for your mind to relax from the commute.
3. Focus on what you do want – healthy smile, healthy mouth, nice looking teeth, gums and lips, etc.
4. Focus on breathing deeply and relaxing your feet, ankles, calves and thighs.
5. Focus on relaxing your waist, abs, back, and shoulders.
6. Focus on relaxing your neck, face, forehead and scalp.
7. Focus on relaxing and emptying your mind.
8. Feel grateful and appreciative that you are doing something healthy for yourself!