I get this question a lot.
Many people are confused about dental treatment options due to misinformation, latin lexicon of dentistry, pain, fear and cost. It is quite simple…
Choose a dentist you can trust and relate to professionally.
Start by asking the following questions:
- Does the dentist listen to you?
- Is the dentist in a hurry or take their time?
- Does the dentist have a steady hand?
- Does the dentist care about you as a person or treat you as a tooth?
- Is the dentist rigid or flexible?
- Is the dentist really good at making teeth look real?
These questions are important to answer, for it can improve the success of your treatment safety and comfort.
I have written articles and books on the prevention of oral disease such as Dirty Mouth, The Stage, and 3 Minute Implant.
Most disease is preventable as it relates to your smile and your mouth.
However, many people are faced with repeated failures and disappointment with dental treatments due to cavities, periodontal disease, cracks and missing teeth.
It is very important that you determine the causes of failure in order to prevent them in the future. If not, you may be doomed to repeat failures.
To sum it up, here are actions you can take to improve the health of your mouth and smile:
- You can improve your mouth as it relates to cavities with resin fillings (composites), ceramic inlays and inlays, crowns or bridges.
- You can improve your mouth as it relates to periodontal disease with hygiene visits, deep cleanings, or sound wave surgery.
- You can improve your smile as it relates to cracks or infected teeth with onlays, crowns, fixed bridges, dentures or dental implants.
- You can improve your smile as it relates to missing teeth with fixed bridges, dentures or dental implants.
Hope you find these tips helpful and we wish you the best in health!
[box type=”tick”]To schedule a reservation with Dr. Joe, click to send a quick note.[/box]
All the best,
Dr. Joe Kravitz, DDS, MS
Dentist, Prosthodontist, Author, Researcher
Rockville, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC