Who is the best dentist?
I am asked all the time who is the best dentist in…Rockville, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Potomac, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Silver Spring, Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia.
Most likely every dentist thinks he or she is the best. While the process is rather subjective, I’ve tried to provide you with some objective questions for your consideration.
Use the following key questions to help evaluate and select your dentist:
1. Does your dentist understand the basics of the mouth…bacteria, acids, microns, success and failure?
2. Does your dentist teach dentistry to other dentists?
3. Does your dentist publish articles regularly in peer reviewed journals?
4. Does your dentist have an in house laboratory to make custom crafted teeth to do they “send it out” to a laboratory factory?
5. Does your dentist take time to listen to your questions sincerely without haste?
6. Does your dentist answer all of your questions thoroughly both orally and I writing?
7. Does your dentist work closely with you to understand the modes of failure?
8. Does your dentist create a plan for prevention?
9. Does your dentist create several options for treatment and financial alternatives for each option?
10. Does your dentist and their staff show you that they care about your well being?
If the answer is yes to all of the above, then that dentist is “the best dentist” for you.
For any questions or if you need assistance, feel free to drop us a note.
[box type=”tick”]To schedule a reservation with Dr. Joe, click to send a quick note.[/box]
Be well and healthy!
Dr. Joe Kravitz, DDS, MS
Dentist, Prosthodontist, Author, Researcher
Rockville, Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC